Hi, it's Pete here
Welcome and well done for starting your pathway to a better YOU.
I have a passion and drive for getting the best out of the athletes, coaches and teams I work with. I have learnt that as a coach you must empower your athletes and give them the required tools whereby they can confidently go out on the field and perform, making good decisions and having a clear understanding of their onfield role and how that fits with the team. Having been an athlete myself, I understand the mental and physical demands that come in to play and what it takes to compete at the highest level and perform under pressure.
I look forward to working with you and your Team and improving your skills, knowledge and performance!
- Most capped player in International touch
- Won three Touch World Cups – two as Player/Coach
- NZ Maori coach of the year
- 20 consecutive gold medals for Auckland at NZ Touch Nationals
- Touch NZ High Performance Manager
- Developed and delivered Touch NZ coaching framework and coach courses
- Played a crucial part in the Global development of Touch especially with developing nations, having coached in 29 countries worldwide.
- Represented Otahuhu, Auckland Maori and Auckland B
- Engaged in the last decade by the All Blacks 7s team and NZ Women’s 7s team as a resource coach
- 2001 – 2002 Auckland Men’s 7s Trainer/Asst coach
- 2011 - 2013 Auckland Marist Men’s 7s Co-Coach
- 2013 – 2015 Auckland Women’s 7s Head Coach
- 2014 Blues Women’s Super 7s series Head Coach
- 2016 - 2017 USA Women's 7s Resource Coach
"I was Pete's assistant coach for the NZ Open Womens Touch team and I have walked away from this World Cup campaign with an enhanced understanding of a sport that I love. His understanding of the game of Touch is second to none and his ability to articulate complex concepts to players with varying degrees of understanding was impressive. If you want to become a better player or coach, you have come to the right place as he is one of the best in the game. "
Evelyn Tudehope (Assistant Coach NZ Open Womens 2015, Auckland Open Womens Coach 2015, ex NZ Open Womens Representative)
" I attended a L2 coaching course facilitated by Peter and he also ran coaching sessions with our school athletes at Horahora. He did a fantastic job and had the ability to work easily with all age groups and genders"
Peter Pofaiva (Rugby and Touch Coach in Northland/Teacher at Horahora Primary School 2016)
" Peter coached our Auckland Chinese mens and mixed touch teams leading up to and including our National tournament in Easter 2016. He was able to get our teams to a level where we were very competent and comfortable with our gameplan and tactics, and able to execute well. He has a wealth of knowledge and coached us in a way that quickened our learnings. The team really enjoyed all the micro skills coaching. Look forward to working with him again in future"
Nigel Sew Hoy (Auckland Chinese Team captain and Organiser 2016 and 2018)